Year 4 2023 - 2024
Homework in Year 1 to Year 6 will be set on a Friday and needs to be handed in by Wednesday - this can be accessed via the 'Homework' tab.
Welcome to Year 4 with Miss Woolley,
Mrs Poynton, Mrs Kowalski and Mrs Dillon
Welcome to Autumn Term 2. I hope you are well rested after your break and that you are looking forward to your second half-term in Year 4!
If you have any queries, worries or concerns, please do not hesitate to come and see me.
What are we learning this year ?
To find out what we are learning this year, please take a look at my Long Term Plan to see an overview of this academic year (I kindly ask to not share the English topic books with children prior to the unit as we have a lovely period of text prediction and sharing book titles/ front covers etc. could hinder this exciting stage). In addition to the Long Term Plan, there are also other useful resources under the 'useful resources' tab such as knowledge organisers and an explanation of reading skills required in KS2.
- Reading records will be checked every Friday. You need to read at least 4 times a week and your reading record needs to be signed by an adult each time and dated. We change our reading books on Friday in Year 4.
- Spellings will be set each Friday and tested the following Friday. These can be found on our class page under the Weekly Tests tab.
- Times Tables will be tested each week on Friday. By the end of Year 4 you need to be able to recall all times tables up to 12 and this will be tested through the national Multiplications Check assessment. Please use Times Tables Rockstars to help you practise (please ask if you have forgotten your log in details) and this will also be checked on a Friday as part
- Homework will be set each Friday and needs to be completed/handed in by the following Wednesday. Homework can be found on our class page under the Homework tab (NOTE: Times Tables Rock Stars: Play (ttrockstars.com) practice is also part of the homework and will be checked on a Wednesday (looking at evidence from Wednesday through to Wednesday). Homework book presentation needs to match the quality of presentation of books in school i.e. date and title of homework and any sheets neatly stuck in underneath.
- Our PE day is on Monday and Swimming is on Wednesday. You can come to school wearing your PE kit on both of these days. Swimming kit requires children to bring a hat.
Files to Download
Year 4: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 4: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display