Welcome to Year 5 with Mr Philo, Mrs Shaw,
Mrs Schofield and Mrs Peel
Welcome to the start of a new school year! We hope you are well rested after your summer holiday and that you are looking forward to all of the exctiting things that we have planned for you throughout the year ahead.
If you have any question or queries, then please do get in contact with Mr Philo via the school office.
What are we learning this year?
To find out what we are learning this year, please have a look at the Year 5 Long Term Topic Overview below. This explains the units that we will study within each subject across the year. The Curriculum section also describes the topics and learning content for each subject and is a very useful aspect of our school website.
- Reading records will be checked every Friday. You need to read at least 4 times a week and your reading record needs to be signed by an adult each time. We change our reading books on Thursday in Year 5.
- Homework will be set each Friday and needs to be completed/handed in by the following Wednesday. Homework can be found on our class page under the Homework tab.
- Spellings will be set each Friday and tested the following Thursday. These can be found on our class page under the Spellings tab.
- Times Tables will be tested each week on Thursday. You need to be able to recall all of your multiplication facts and related division facts up to 12x12 as quickly as possible. Remember you can use Times Tables Rockstars to help you practise (please ask if you have forgotten your log in details)
- Our PE days are on Monday and Wednesday. You can come to school wearing your PE kit on those days.
Files to Download
Year 5: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 5: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 5: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 5: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display