Year 5 2022 - 2023
Welcome to Year 5 with Mrs Hughes, Mrs Walker,
Mrs Poynton and Mrs Clarke
Welcome to Summer Term 1. We hope you are well rested after your Easter break and hope you are looking forward to your last full term in Year 5. Where has the time gone? We have lots of exciting things planned this term so lets go team YEAR 5!
If you have any question or queries, then please do get in contact with Mrs Hughes or Mrs Walker via the school office.
What are we learning this year?
To find out what we are learning this year, you can have a look at the Year 5 Long Term Topic Overview below. You can also find our Knowledge Organisers for our History topic on 'History of Transport in the
Local Area' , our Geography topic on 'Rivers and the Water Cycle' and our Science topic on 'Forces'. As we learn about these topics thoughout Summer term, we will begin to fill in the key information missing from these documents to show our knowldge and understanding.
- Reading records will be checked every Friday. You need to read at least 4 times a week and your reading record needs to be signed by an adult each time. We change our reading books on Thursday in Year 5.
- Homework will be set each Friday and needs to be completed/handed in by the following Wednesday. Homework can be found on our class page under the Homework tab.
- Spellings will be set each Wednesday and tested the following Wednesday. These can be found on our class page under the Spellings tab.
- Times Tables will be tested each week on Friday. You need to be able to recall all of your multiplication facts and related division facts up to 12x12 as quickly as possible. Remember you can use Times Tables Rockstars to help you practise (please ask if you have forgotten your log in deatils)
- Our PE days are on Monday and Wednesday. You can come to school wearing your PE kit on those days.
- This term we will continue learning musical instruments with the Love Music Trust on Fridays. You will be given your instruments to take home each week to practice and must briing it back into school each Friday.
- Also this term children will be swimming each Wednesday.
Files to Download
Year 5: News items
Redridge, by Mrs McKinlay
Year 5: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 5: Gallery items
Christmas Dinner, by Mrs Walker
Year 5: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display